Visa Credit Card
A credit card is a means by which a customer can buy goods, pay for services or draw cash for immediate use, and then pay for it (the purchases) with affordable instalments, at a later date A credit card is issued with an assigned revolving credit limit and the cardholder may use the available credit as long as the minimum amount due is paid by the payment due date.
Why you need a credit card?
- You can use your credit card for every day expenses.
- Credit accessibility as and when you need it. Once you have your card, there is no need to wait for application of facility
- It is accepted worldwide at over 20 million merchant outlets and ATMs
- Online purchases can be made using your credit card
- It is safe and easier than carrying cash
- You can pay for goods or services immediately, but spread the repayments over a longer period of time with minimum of 10% of your outstanding balance
- Offers a secondary card for your family members
- Free travel insurance
- Free Credit Protection Plan on death or permanent disability.
- Unlimited free SMS – You’ll always know what debit transactions are going through your account as well as your available credit.
Where can I use my credit card
You can use your card here or abroad. If you plan to use your card internationally you must call our customer care Centre or email your relationship manager with details of your itinerary
Your Stanbic Bank credit card can be used to pay for goods and services where a point-of-sale (POS) device is available locally or internationally and; draw cash at any automated teller machine (ATM).
What are the applicable fees
All applicable fees are contained in the current Stanbic Bank Uganda Tariff Guide available at all our branches
How can I apply
To apply, here is the list of requirements;
- Audit terms and conditions
- Certificate of Incorporation/ Legislation
- Particular of Directors (Company Form 7) –
- Letter hear/Notice of Legislation
- Board resolution authorizing application for credit card facilities. (Should be registered).
- Copy Company’s financial card.
- Fully filled application form. (Indicate the limit sought for nominated card holders).
- Signed declaration by nominated card holders(attached)
- Copies of valid identification for cardholders.
- Latest Annual Return filed with Company Registry.
- Indemnity form For automated statements
- A completed Key Facts Document - Loans
- A completed Literacy form
Documents required from the individuals for the personal credit cards will include;
- Valid ID
- Passport and Work permit for foreign nationals
- Letter of Undertaking from employer
- Financial card number (Credit Reference Bureau)
Please note that these are for customers from Non empaneled
companies. Those that are empaneled only require the application form and ID
To see sample documents and application forms, please see below
- Board Resolution
- Credit Card Application by Corporate Entity
- Corporate Credit Card Declaration
- Credit Card Terms and Conditions
- Application for a Stanbic Bank Uganda Credit Card
If you have any questions or would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Services Centre on 0800250250/0800150150/+256414340788 or email us on [email protected]
Remember to notify the bank when travelling out of the country with either your debit or Credit card.